Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

My Hotmail account says I looks like some one is using your

Customer Question

hi my Hotmail account says I looks like some one is using your account. this only happened when I went to change my password ***** I had forgot it.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 4 months ago.

Hi Sue,

Have you tried resetting your password ***** this link:

https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it does not work it comes up with that message saying it looks like somone is using your account.. it is driving me mad just can't get into my account .

Hi Sue,

Do you get to the 'Recover your account' screen?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not want to pay anymore as your website said £29 and would not deductrhis u less I was satisfied, u have only sent me a question I have answered it and now u want anoter £ 22 is that correct???
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It will not let me go any further it just says the message don't know what else to do ?

Hi Sue,

I really don't get involved in the payment side of things, but I would think any additional amount would be if you require a phone call or remote access to your computer which I don't think we need. Yes, you can be refunded if you're not satisfied.

Unfortunately, this does seem to be quite a common issue in that as Microsoft and others tighten up their security it is becoming more difficult to recover accounts. Please have a look at this link and see if you can use the chat facility at the bottom to ask Microsoft about this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12429/microsoft-account-sign-in-cant

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Richard sorry but that hasn't worked neither really don't now what to do now..they asked me to reset password ***** not worked.. Thank you for trying to help even though it hasn't worked. maybe I will just open a new one it will be so much easier..

Hi Sue,

That's very disappointing, but as you say it might be best just to create a new one and move on from this.

Best Regards,

Rich