Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Support Tech
Experience:  Years of supporting users of Microsoft software
13568747

I cannot log on to my computer. The message says: the

Customer Question

I cannot log on to my computer. The message says: the procedure entry point register wait could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL 32dl
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

That sounds like a message that signifies scrambled-up or corrupted software. Your computer may need a System Restore, or more drastic measures.

Try booting up in Safe Mode, also - if that works, you may do system repairs from a scaled-down simplified version of Windows (Safe Mode), then restart into normal bootup mode once the problem is fixed.

Boot up into Safe Mode as follows:

- from a powered-Off state, turn the computer On, and immediately press the F8 key, once or twice a second, until the text-only Safe Mode selection screen appears, with a highlight bar across it.
- then using up and down arrow keys, move the highlight bar to Safe Mode, and press the RETURN (or, ENTER) key, once.
- the computer will boot up in Safe Mode, a reduced mode of Windows with a less-detailed or colorless screen, into which you may log in, and do whatever operation you need.

.... Now, if that does not work, perhaps if you look at other options in the F8 menu from which you select Safe Mode bootup, you may find other things, esp. try before other options:

Repair Startup

... or System Restore. And if those don't work, the other options are more drastic, and can result in complete reinstalls of Windows, with erasure of your data on the hard disk.

Let me know how the above advice goes ... and I will provide other advice as needed, depending on what you report in Reply.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.