Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have lost my laptop and wish to remove my email accounts

I have lost my laptop and wish to remove my email accounts from the microsoft mail app on that computer. Can I do that remotely?

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the part of the email address after the @ symbol please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2 email addresses on Mail. 1 is @outlook.com and 2nd is @ gmail.com

Ok, you cannot remove the accounts remotely but you can change the passwords

To change the password ***** the outlook one use this link

https://account.live.com/password/reset

And for the gmail one here

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Once done, it will stop any further access to the account.

Also, if you used a microsoft account on the laptop then changing the password ***** stop them being able to sign into your account on the Laptop, they would need to wipe the hard drive clean to use it.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The microsoft mail app opens email accounts without asking for passwords once it has been set up so changing my passwords would achieve nothing.

It will, the app auto enters the password ***** it is stored when you first set up the account in the app, when you change it, the app will enter the password ***** will be rejected and it will ask the user for the new password, until it has it it will not download the emails.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** very reassuring.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.