Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I can't get rid of an error message on Windows 10. Error

I can't get rid of an error message on Windows 10.
Error status 0xc0000020. There is a link on Wikipedia but that is only compatible with Windows 7, XP, Vista and? It does don't work on Windows 10

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** give me a minute or two to look over your case. If there are any more details that you wish to give me regarding your case, type them in the box below and click the 'reply to expert' button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt. The remote service is guaranteed to to help and fix your problem.

Jason

When are you given this error message?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is constantly on the screen. If I click the "X" and then click "OK" I can't move it around, but I can't get rid of it.

Are you able to do anything on the computer or does that message window keep you from doing anything?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can still use the computer.

Thank you for responding. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. I do notwant to pay an extra £22

It is not an extra £22.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How much extra is it?

The price is listed below.

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 26
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have tried but it won't open

You must choose to allow it to run. Please, try again.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I saved it. Then it showed in bottom left of screen. I clicked & it showed it was opening but all it does is "buffer" for a time then go back to showing elsinore.screebco...exe

Minimize all your windows to see if you are being asked to "Allow" it to run or not. Click "allow".

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My only option is to open. I have found it now in saved files but it will not open

I see that you are having some sort of problem running the remote on your computer.

Let's try this another way.

Go to the following page: http://ultraviewer.net/en/download.html
- On the page that comes up, click the orange Download button for the "INSTALL (EXE) option, download, and open that file.
- A file will be downloaded. Save that file and open it.
- After you run UltraViewer, it will give you an ID and Password. I need for you to give me the ID and Password ***** it shows you.
Please, give me both of the ID and password.
Keep in mind that you must keep the program running for me to connect. For this reason, please do not close it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is installing now. I don't know how long it takes

Thank you for the update. Once it completes, open UltraViewer and give me the values for "Your ID" and "Password".

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Nothing much is happening. It shows registering controls, but noting seems to be changing. It shows a solid green bar

It may take a few more minutes to complete. Look on the bottom of your screen. Do you see a button that has a shield on it? Click that button and then click Allow or "Yes".

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. Now i have an error message on ultraviewer . Error at main. ActiveX component cant create object line number 0

Okay, close that. And then click the Start button and click the Ultravier listing in the start menu. Did it open that time?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cant close it. If i click on another open app then back onto download remote I get back to the screen giving me the option to download again. Also i cant close the icon on the descktop

I am not sure what is going on. Please, turn your computer off, turn it in. come back to this page and continue. Does it run after you restart?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is taking ages because of updates. Now shows it could not complete updates so is restarting without. Have now downloadedultraviewer again and it seems to be installing

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Now shows following feature could not be installed. NET Framework 3.5. Sigests i reboot but also has window showing "tell me how to solve". I clicked that and now have a list of fixes shown in microsoft support but dont know which to choose. I dont think i can cope with this

It appears that your system is a bit faulted.

Let's try this once more.

Click this link: https://tinyurl.com/ycmclqm4

- When you click the link, it will download a file. Open that file, run the file, and choose to allow the file to do what it needs to do, if prompted.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It does not download but takes me to Ask.com which shows several sites for me to download from . McAfee virus protection showed 1 was unsafe so which should i choose

It sounds like you are searching for the link instead of clicking the link or going to that page.

Go to the page: https://tinyurl.com/ycmclqm4

Do not 'search' for it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Now downladed but it would not open. Now it has disappeared completely

Download the file and save the file on your Desktop. Go to your desktop, right click the file, and choose "Open".

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Saved to taskbar but right click gives me a choice of unpinning from taskbar. How do i save to desktop

I don't know how you saved it to the taskbar. It sounds like it is installed. Just left click the icon on the taskbar. Did that open it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No

Okay. I am not sure what you are clicking on.

I asked you to download the file, save it, and run it. Let's try one last time.

Let's try this once more.

- When you click the link, it will download a file to the desktop.
- Go to your desktop, right click the Elsinore... file and click Open. Then choose Allow > YES > ALLOW

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its not shown on destop although ultra viewer is

That means you didn't do as I suggested. Please, do the following.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Found it in downlads.right clicked on open but nothing happened. I tried 3 times . Same thing each time - just nothing

When was the last time that your computer was working without the current problem?

Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:
- Hold both of the two following keys at the same time: Windows Key and the letter R key
- In the box that comes up, type the following and click OK: rstrui
- Choose to Restore to an earlier time > Click Next.
- Choose a date at least one week before you started experiencing your problem.
- Click NEXT > NEXT > NEXT.
- Your computer will restart and your issue will be gone.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where is the windows key

It is on the bottom row of the keyboard, near the left side. It should be two keys to the left of the keyboard.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It wont offer me a restore point from before the problem started

Thank you for responding.

Please, do the following:
a) Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt.

b) In the command prompt type the following command and press enter: sfc /scannow

c) After the scan, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It does not show command prompt

What does it show?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It does show windows power shell (admin)

Instead, do the following:
- Click the start button

- Type: cmd

- Right click the Command Prompt listing that comes up and choose "Run as administrator".

- Click Yes.

- In the black window, type the following and press enter: sfc /scannow

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Which is the start button

You only have one start button on the keyboard.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where is it

You clicked it 20 minutes ago when I asked you to do it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a choice of sleep shut down or restart

Okay.

Please, follow all the instructions. Now type CMD

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its just not showing a black box

Please, look at the instructions and follow each instruction.

In the black window, type the following and press enter: sfc /scannow

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is nowhere for me to type that. There is no black window

Very well. Let's try this one more time.

Instead, do the following:- Click the start button- Type: cmd- Right click the Command Prompt listing that comes up and choose "Run as administrator".- Click Yes.- In the black window, type the following and press enter: sfc /scannow
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When i press start i get a list of programmes but nothing happens when i type cmd

Okay.

Let's try it this way:
- In the box that comes up, type the following and click OK: taskmgr
- In the task manager that opens up, click "More Details"
- In the top menu bar, click File > New Task

- In the box that comes up, put a check in the box that says run as administrator

- In the box, type: CMD
- Click OK
- In the black window that comes up, type the following and press enter: sfc /scannow

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Im about to give up.i clicked more details but it didnot show run as administrator

You skipped a step.

- In the box, type: CMD
- Click OK

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Now starting verification phase of scan and it says it will tske some time

Thank you. Once that is complete, restart the computer and test it once more.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. As it will take a while shall i get on with something useful like eating and give you a break? Will you call me later or should i call you?

When it is finished, please send me a message. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Wil do.thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Verification phase 100% complete. Now reads "windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir/logs/CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios
C:/WINDOWS/system32

Please, restart the computer now and test it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The original problem is still there

Let's try this one last time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It downloaded. I clicked to open it. It showed it was opening them just disappeared like before

It sounds like your computer is far more corrupt than we previously thought.

At this point, you may wish to consider 'refreshing' Windows. Doing that will repair any problems with Windows, but it will erase all the installed applications. Are you willing to do that right now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. I am just too tired

Do you wish to continue tomorrow or on another day?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tomorrow is fine. What sort of time?

I arrive at 6am (PST).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't know the time difference between PST and GMT, so don't know if you are at work yet. I am not sure I want to uninstall all my applications - it sounds like it will take forever to re-instal them. Can I downgrade to an earlier version of Windows, then I can use the fix for Error 0xc0000020 that is shown in Wikipedia?

I am sorry, but there is o possible way to downgrade your version of Windows.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok.I think I will just put up with the error message that keeps popping up in that case, as at least I can move it around the screen so I can access what I need to see. I have a lot of apps on the laptop and I would not know how to reinstall them. Thanks for trying. Sue

Thank you for the update, Sue. That will work. If you need any help in the future, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com