armymil2003
armymil2003, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  6 years ISP Technical Support
20401521

I have my old email address i can not get into, the email is

hello my name is ***** ***** have my old email address i can not get into, the email is XXXXXXXXXXX this email was created years ago but i have emails i need to see on this account i know my password. every time i log into this email it asks me to recover my account by answering questions such as where my mother was born. i have forgotten what i wrote for the answer as it was many years ago i made this account please can you help me get my email back

Hello and welcome! I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

My email address is XXXXXXXXXXXX And password ***** this is XXXXXXX

Sorry to hear you're having some issues signing into your older hotmail account. I'd be happy to provide some instructions on reaching the escalation team at Microsoft to help you retrieve this account if it is possible. Unfortunately, we won't have a solution right away because it can take a bit for Microsoft to reset your account after you submit a form. I will provide the instructions if you have a few minutes.

We're able to jump into the form now because you've already attempted the first step which was resetting the password.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have done the form before but because it's been such a long time I've made this account I have forgotten a lot of things they are asking for .. however I can send my identity this was my main email I used my Instagram and my Facebook are logged into with this email address

Great! Give me just a few more moments to type up my response. Almost finished.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok

I'm going to manually submit the form to make sure it's properly done since we are doing the Secure Connect. What is a good email address for them to reach you back at?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

XXXXXXXXXXXx

Great!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The form doesn't help. I use that email for everything for my Apple ID for Instagram and Facebook what more proof do they need

When you submitted last time, what did they say?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think they said not enough information given
Ok. I'd like to try again with you since it's tied into all of your logins. When I fill out this form and they reply, you can reach back to me on here to let me know the response.

Did they send you a code to that new email address?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
3380
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there somehow we ca n talk directly to them so I can explain my situation

Unfortunately no because part of how they operate is more of a "hands off" approach to your accounts. Said another way, they won't look into your account or verify anything past the security questions. I'd be more than willing to try the form with you again to see if we get lucky! But here is what they put into their site when requesting password ***** and account unlocks.

If your request was denied, you can keep trying up to two times per day. If you don't remember enough information to successfully recover your account, you'll have to create a new one. To protect everyone's privacy, our support agents can't see your account details or unlock accounts.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what I have I just paid you for filling out the form with me ?

It's asking for some identifying information to proceed.

First Name

Last Name

Birthdate

Country/Region where account was created

Constituent Country

Postal Code

Mother's Birth Place

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Geni, I did attempt to locate a contact number or email address. I wasn't able to locate anything for account resets. I did find some contact areas for other Microsoft products. I could provide these numbers to you if you prefer and they might be able to direct you to the account support team. For good reason, they don't advertise the contact information for that department.

They sent a new code to your new email again. I apologize. It must have timed out. Could you verify that code for me again?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
3888

Okay, other passwords you may have used

Have you used Outlook.com or Hotmail
Have you used Skype
Have you used XBOX

Have you purchased something thru Microsoft like a physical item or digital item?

If you have more than 2 passwords that you know, I can add more if you've only put two before. The more information, the better.

Happy early birthday too!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

See I have had an Xbox before but I can't remember if I have purchased anything The only password ***** would use for this email would be XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I have baught many things on Apple ID with this email I have my Instagram, facebook snapchat everything under this email

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ha thank you, ***** ***** recover my email that would be my best birthday present. Sunday is the big 22

Yeah I noticed. At least you made it to the big 21!

Do you remember any email addresses you've sent emails to and the subject lines for those?

With your permission, I'd like to send you an email to your new account so you can have my email address to reach me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Yes no problem XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I remember I had emails from Modeling company called sports on screen I've had email from my old football agent called Don Uba

Do you know their email addresses by chance? I know it's crazy to ask if you haven't seen it in a while.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It should have email asking to reset Instagram password ***** I've been trying to log into my Instagram but it's not working

Well, that's the trick with this one. They want to know anyone you've Sent an email to.

To verify it's really you type of thing.

I also sent you an email from my account as well so you can reach me directly later on for this issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I may have sent emails to my work manager.. his email address is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx I am trying to find another email address from my old Modeling agency

Ok. No worries! I'd like to make sure we give them something different this time so hopefully we can help you unlock this account!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

On my email display picture I have a picture of me and my cousin when we was younger I may have emailed him before XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you have any friends or family that received mail from you and have a copy of your sent message, you might ask them so we can add the exact subject lines from that email. When was the last time you were able to login?

Just wanted to see if you were still hunting for possibly old sent messages or if you think you don't have anything else to provide.

Also, has it been possibly a year since you've last signed in?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It has been more than a year now it's been about 4 years.. I know that if I had emailed my manager steve the subject would have been for day off

Okay! And last thing, I sent you a reply to your email. If you don't mind, go ahead and reply to that really quick.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yep I have replied

It hasn't arrived in my inbox just yet. AOL is slow to receive and send randomly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just sent it again

I got it this time! Also, did you have a 360 or Xbox One?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
360 but I forgot my Xbox nameCould have been genmoneyy ?
Or cruddyalboIt's rediculas stupid names when I was younger

It was asking. I figured it had to be a 360. We all had them. I about 10 years older than you and mainstream chat rooms were big at that time. We all have silly kid logins. Unfortunately, at 13 when the mainstream internet was really new still, my first username was Micky Mouse 14. Yes, it was misspelled...

So don't worry. I have you beat with the silly name.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Haha yes we have all gone through that phase in life

The session expired on me again. I'm going to rekey everything one more time but it's going to send you a code. I promise this should be the last time. I have everything in our chat to fill in the details now.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
0221

Okay, I've submitted it. I'd like to see if we get the same response with the new information. Let me know once you get something from them. I'm going to keep looking more into recovering your account to see what more I can find for you.

I'll try to see if there is a way to find a contact for Microsoft somehow some way.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much for trying my friend

No problem!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I just got a email from them saying within 24 hours they will let me know what's happening I found out another email I received in that account from my old football agent XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Okay, well shoot. If they reject, then we'll try again with that email address.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I hope it's enough

The only worry I have is we might be able to get you access again but there could be a chance that it auto-deleted your emails. That could be a reason it's not passing the form verification. I'm curious to try to push them to attempt to recover the account. If they unlock it for you, the worst case is they won't recover the deleted messages.

Since the email is in "locked" status, it isn't accepting any emails right now. I attempted to email it using my personal account and it was rejected. So you haven't been getting any emails since they've locked it whenever that was. I wanted to brace you ahead of time for that news if you go in to your email and nothing is there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I understand that.. all I need is to get into my old Instagram so I can reset my password. So I need to get to this email account first

I understand. Okay! That makes this a lot easier if they didn't keep any messages.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yeah so that's all I need but Instagram say they can't do anything unless I get this email back

Ok! (I have to respond because it alerts me like you have an additional question.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No worries
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just got an email by them saying it's not enough information

Okay. Is your old Instagram account locked to your Facebook account by chance?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No

Okay, the only other solution I found while I was waiting for a response to potentially reach a Microsoft contact was this link here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/

I hate to be the one for bad news but based on my troubleshooting by sending an email to your old account and the return rejection received, I have a strong feeling your account is closed and they won't unlock it due to age. That's probably why the password ***** know wouldn't work. I did some more research and found they lock accounts after 365 days of inactivity with a short grace period after. Once it becomes locked, everything is deleted.

You could try to reach out to the link provided above but for this question, I have run into a dead end now. I have email dating back from years ago myself so my only other solution would be to track down someone who might still keep their emails and find one that you sent to them from that account and the exact subject line on it. Then try to request a reset just to see if they would be willing to do it then. But if you reach out to them on that link I provided, try to sell you case that you really need access for just your old instagram account and not needing any details. You can verify the old password ***** they could help you unlock it. Also add that you are okay that the messages are gone as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the future.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've just wasted £60 on nothing

I'm really sorry, Geni. I tried to look at every possible angle to attempt to unlock this account for you. That's why I had you dig for any older emails or messages that you could find to try and convince the staff at Microsoft to unlock this account for you.