JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience providing 3rd lines support for a range of office apps, from 2000 to 2013, including project and visio.
75967336

My lenovo laptop just received an ms update now after

my lenovo laptop just received an ms update now after logging in I get a blank screen & it won't do anything. Am now using public computer in public libray
Assistant: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?
Customer: cant get online at home, hence in library
Assistant: When did you purchase your Lenovo? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: its over a year old on Win 10. Turning it on & off is all I can do with it. Tried resetting ms id but problematic as this is via my old mobile number
Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: connect me to what?

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Ok start by going to account.microsoft.com login and update your contact details (including your new mobile number).

Secondly take the battery out of the laptop and hold down the power button for 5 seconds, put it back in and turn it on. Wait around 15 minutes and let me know what lights are showing on the laptop and what is shown on the screen.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will have to return home to try this, using computer in public library which closes soon. What do I do if this doesnt work?

If that doesnt work you need to go through the system recovery options, maybe it would be useful if I call you when your home?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cannot remotely connect, see above, also after logging in computer has blank screen & won't do anything

Did you computer come with a recovery USB?

Secondly when the computer starts up do you see the Lenovo logo before the screen goes blank.

Thirdly do you have a TV or other monitor which you can plug into your laptop to rule out an issue with your screen.

Please provide you contact number in the box provided, so I can call you and advise suitable time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll tak to you soon.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
have returned home, tried the long hold down on power button with lead out as battery case is secured, It spent a lot of time bogged down on personal setting.