syseng
syseng, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer with over 18 years experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
13852270

Friends at skype. I am 84 years old handicapped invalid, I

Customer Question

Hello friends at skype. I am 84 years old handicapped invalid, I have been using skype for many ears and I need skype to be in touch with my family for help. My skype was not working very well to make contact with my brother in DE . He advised me to through out Skype and reload Skype anew. Now I find there is a different page presentation and I still can't make contact on skype!
My brother contacts me and it works. When I try to contact him. total silence. Pleas can you help me as I am very desperate. I can see I still have CREDIT off about 6.00 something Euro or £ but can not make contact with anyone from my side.
I very much need your help.
Walter W. Bode - e- mail***@******.*** [
Tel: 01425 276150 NO mobile !
Please speak to me and help me .....please
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  syseng replied 6 months ago.

My name is David.

Memory errors in network devices often cause this type of connectivity problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then reboot your computer after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.