Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

After surface reset for my wife the password is rejected and

after surface reset for my wife the password ***** ***** and i cannot connect

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me which service the password ***** ***** that you have the issue with?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
MICROSOFT
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NO THANKS

Ok, thats a company...

I need to know which service the password ***** ***** that you have the issue with?

Email? Windows sign in? Wifi? ect

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
WINDOWS SIGN IN

ok, is it asking you to try to reset it online?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NO IT KEEPS REFUSING TO ACCEEPT IT AND REFERS ME TO A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT THATI CAN'T ACESS BECAUSE THERES NO CONNECTION

ok, then there is no way to reset this online as you used an internal account, not an email address as the sign in.

In this situation you have to reinstall windows, there is no way to get around this. It will remove all your data and return the computer to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole point of the security.

To do this, on the password ***** hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and with it held down, click on the power icon on the screen then restart.

Keep shift held down until it has restarted and your at a menu.

Choose from this menu, Troubleshoot, then Reset My PC.

You will have to choose to remove all your files for this to work.

Let this complete and once it has, you will need to setup your computer again just like when you first received it.

Let me know please how you go.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
THERE IS NO POWER IKON ON THE SCREEN
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
THERE IS NO POWER ICON ON THE SCREEN

It is on the bottom right,the circle with the line through it, on the password *****

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I WILL END NOW

You are stopping now you have your answer Derek?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NO MY WIFE SUFFERS FROM DEMENTIA AND NEEDS ME

ok, return back here please when you are ready and we can complete this Derek, I will mark this question to remain open so

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.