jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I recently used System Restore on my laptop because

Customer Question

I recently used System Restore on my laptop because everything was slowing up but unfortunately I lost Microsoft Office in doing so. Is there any way of retrieving it plus all my Word files which have disappeared.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

Did you purchased Microsoft Office online?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My husband purchased it and is unfortunately now dead so I don't know

Do you remember the email linked with your Microsoft Office subscription?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
e-mail ***@******.*** I have already paid £29 and have not received any assistance so I am not prepared to spend any more. You help line number does not exist.

For any costs/billing queries please email***@******.*** or call them on 1(###) ###-#### I am a tech only, and can only assist with tech issues.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I do not want to switch to a Secure Remote Assistant. I would like the assistance promised with my £29 please.

Do you remember the email linked with your Microsoft Office subscription? ignore the remote request, it is automated.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have only ever had the one emailaddress -***@******.***
  1. Go to http://www.office.com
  2. Sign in with the linked email
  3. Click the install button
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No linked email on www.office.com a,
Am I going to get any help or should I ask for a refund now?

You can not reinstall Microsoft office until you remember the linked email or you have the key.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I only have the old password ***** user name - my current password ***** username gets me into my Microsoft account but I have no details of a key.

Do you see a install button after you sign in?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. The only thing I could find invited me to buy Office or Word etc

That means this email is not the one linked with your Microsoft Office subscription.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What has all this to do with my original question - is it possible to retrieve my Microsoft Office and my files or not.

This is the answer to your question, you can not reinstall Microsoft office until you have the subscription information like your linked email or product key. If you have saved your files to one drive you can access them by signing in to one drive on web. The files which you saved on your hard drive before the date to which you restored your computer will be available only.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Why couldn't you tell me that two hours ago! Is that really worth £29 ? I doubt it.

I asked you the same question two times and told you about the need to have linked email or product key.