Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

On Thursday last I tried to log on to my computer and was

My name is***** Thursday last I tried to log on to my computer and was met by a red rectangle in which there was small writing ( which I cannot remember or understood the meaning) I clicked on the OK button just below and this threw up an icon under which was the name Capper. I needed to call in my computer technician who was familiar with the problem and said it was created by one of your regular "updates". Why did this happen?

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it Windows update or something else?

Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Do you mean a technician came to your home and fixed the issue?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was advised that it was probably a windows update that caused the problem
Windows 7
Yes

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/y7ffavj2
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/y7ffavj2
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not understand what this is all about I am not aware of accepting any offer . Please just answer my message . Also I do not see why I have to pay you as I am given to understand the fault was created by you!

No, that message was likely not from Microsoft. So last Thursday you logged in your computer and a red rectangle appeared. Did it appear automatically when you started the computer? Or did you open the Internet first, then the red rectangle appeared after? etc.?

Do you remember a little bit what the message was about?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank yo for response.
From recollection the red rectangle appeared just after the Windows four coloured boxes faded
I am afraid I did not make a note of what the box said, I am desperately trying to remember any of it because I did not understand any of the words. They meant nothing to me. Sorry

You're welcome. Dd it ask you to do anything?

Did you try to shut down / restart the computer at that time?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am sure it did. When I shut down and rebooted , the same message appeared
I am sure it did but i was scared to do anything in case the thing went crazy.
What I do remember was that in the bottom left hand corner of the screen was what appeared to be a small clock with the top right hand quarter missing. also in the bottom right hand corner there were two small boxes , one enabled me to exit and the other was a small upward pointing arrow head . Is this of any help?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When the technician departed the screen was still searching for updates on a scrollbar. It showed that there were 3 important updated to load.I initiated this.
Is this of any help.
It is now Saturday . I can contact the technician on Monday. He may be able to remember what the red box said since he was familiar with -having seen it several times before. Is this any help?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need to shut down now. How can I resume contact again without going through all the preliminary wording. You have my e-mail address. Please use that.

When that red box appeared, did it still let you use your computer? Did it still let you open any program?

I've emailed you, so you get always get back to me directly by clicking on the View response & reply in my email message (from Viet).