syseng
syseng, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer with over 18 years experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
13852270

I have a problem with my desktop computer HP Pavillion all

Customer Question

I have a problem with my desktop computer HP Pavillion all in one, signature series 27" .
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP PAVILLION MODEL TPCQ021-27 WINDOWS I0
Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About four years ago a retirement present from my employers. computer asks me for my pin no. as soon as I put it in it says wait a moment and screen goes all blank
Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

To clarify after signing in to windows 10 it shows blank screen am i correct?

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no the screen shows time/date and my sky wifi signal strength as soon as I click on wifi signal it asks me for my pin. as soon as I put my pin in the computer it says just a moment and goes blank
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Does it shows desktop icons and start menu after you enter the pin to sign in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

OK press windows key + R key on your keyboard and see if it shows run window and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no it doesnot
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

OK then press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys and see if it shows options like Start task manager etc if so select task manager and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
screen still blank
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

OK go back to the sign in page and do not enter the pin or password ***** let me know and will give you further instructions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok done that
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

In the bottom right of the windows 10 login screen where it asks for the password ***** can see power icon like shown in the image .
Now click on that power icon and then press and hold Shift key and then click on Restart while holding the shift key. When it starts restarting please release the shift key. That will show a screen which says choose an option. In that screen select Troubleshoot.Once you are in the troubleshoot screen let me know.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Did you do the above instructions?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the screen goes blank and goes back to original does not go to choose an option. no troubleshoot screen the screen goes back to start up
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Do you mean after selecting restart while holding shift key only gave you a blank screen and nothing ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no it gave me signing in options and a start screen asking to sign in
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

That means you are doing it wrong.Press and hold Shift key on the keyboard while click on power icon and then restart.Once it starts rebooting release the shift key.Please try once more and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
pressing and holding shift key clicking power icon and then re start it says if you re start now, you and any other people using this pc could loose unsaved work and it asks re start anyway
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Its supposed to go to the options screen first then after selecting the option it restart.Select restart anyway and let me know what it shows.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
after restarting goes to home screen showing sign in options
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Sign in once more and see if there is any change and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it says wait a moment and screen goes blank
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

In that case i will open this to other experts to see if they have any other solution to fix this issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

My name is David.

Boot the computer and immediately power off the computer when Windows starts (when the Windows logo appears). Do this three times and then boot it again and the Advanced Boot Menu should appear.
Select Advanced options in the menu that appears, then select Troubleshoot >
Advanced Options > System Restore. Select a restore point dated prior to
when the issue first started. Then click Next and follow the prompts to
complete the system restore. Reboot and test to see if the issue is
resolved.
Please let me know the result.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
gone up to system re store but have forgot the password ***** this account
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Ok, so it is asking you for an administrator password?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
asking for password ***** this account which I have forgotten all together tried so many I can remember but no luck
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Ok then instead of selecting System Restore, in the same Advanced Options menu, select Startup Repair, then let it complete, then reboot and test.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
start up repair is still asking password ***** this account which is***@******.***
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Ok, then since that is a Microsoft account, reset the password ***** doing the following:

Click on the following link to open the password ***** web page:

click here

Select the reason you cannot sign in and click Next.
Enter the account email address you're trying to recover.
Enter the characters displayed on the screen, then click Next.

If you have security info on your account, you will receive a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address on your account. Once you receive the code, enter the code on the next screen, and then enter a new password.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
set a new password ***** in the desktop keeps saying is incorrect. try again
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Ok then in the Advanced Options menu select Startup Settings, then select Safe Mode with Networking, and let me know if you can login through Safe Mode with Networking.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
login through safe mode with networking , done desktop asking password ***** keeps saying incorrect. try again I have tried my paasword 4 times
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Ok then go back into the Advanced Options menu and select the command prompt option.

On the command prompt, create a new user account by running the following commands:

net user username /add
net user username password

Replace "username" with the name of the new account.

Then reboot and try to login using the new account.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you please remotely connect to my device and troubleshoot for me
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Yes, once you add that new user account and login using the new user account in Safe Mode with Networking, I can connect remotely and start working on it directly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can not on command prompt options choose an account to continue and in box it says Hasu Patel and as soon as I click on it says Hi Hasu Patel-***@******.*** the password ***** this account it says in correct password ***** clicking continue
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Is the computer connected to a network and the Internet through an Ethernet cable or via wireless?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is connected to a network internet through an Ethernet cable
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Ok then next do the following if you have another computer or device you can use to make a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive:

Click on the link below and download the Media Creation Tool:

click here

and then run the tool and follow the prompts to create either a Windows 10 installation ISO image that you can burn to DVD to boot the computer and fix the startup loop, or write directly to a USB drive (it will provide the option to do either one).

Once you have the ISO burned to DVD (if your computer has a DVD drive) or the Windows 10 installation file written to a USB drive, insert the media into the computer and boot the computer from the Windows 10 installation media (note that you may have to change boot order settings in the BIOS so the portable media is at the top of the boot order before booting from the Windows 10 install media).

Then follow the prompts and select Repair Your Computer when the option appears, then select Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then click Startup Repair. The utility will then scan for and repair corrupt files and configurations. Once completed reboot and remove the boot media and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.