Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I often get solid black boxes, usually square but always

I often get solid black boxes, usually square but always rectangle, "floating" around on web pages, mostly, but not exclusively, on facebook. (Not just now of course when I might have tried to take a screen, if possible.) Any suggestions?

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

What's your internet browser program, such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Windows 10 and Chrome

You're welcome. Please try the following steps:

1. In Chrome, click on the 3-dot icon at the upper right corner, then select option History, then click on option History.
    - (Or while in Chrome, press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and H on the computer's keyboard.)
  2. Click on the option Clear browsing data on the left.
    - (If that option is not showing, then click on the 3-bar icon at top left, then click on option "Clear browsing data".)
  3. Click on the option Advanced near the top.
  4. On the right of the item Time range, click on the drop-down list (or the small down arrow icon), then click on option All time.
  5. Uncheck all boxes.
  6. Check only the box at the option Cached images and files.
  7. Click on option CLEAR DATA at bottom, and if needed, wait for it to finish.
  8. Scroll down to the bottom.
  9. Click on option Reset settings.
  10. Click on option RESET, and if needed, wait for it to finish.
  11. Close Chrome.
  12. Re-open Chrome and see if the issue is resolved now.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.