jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I have Microsoft Office 2004, which they no longer support,

Customer Question

I have Microsoft Office 2004, which they no longer support, I have many backup files (MBF) which I cannot open because I cannot remember the password, I do not use the Microsoft Passport just the ordinary password, is there any way I can get in through the back-door to see the password?
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Office are you using?
Customer: Dell Inspiron 15 with office 10, which I think is a huge mistake!
Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: bought it in 2016, I have tried Sysrepair but they couldn't help as Microsoft could not assist.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Some of my earlier back-up files work on an old password, for the later files I must have changed the password, and apparently didn't write it down!!!
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Naturally I am a bit nervous about having someone that I have never met 'securely connect' to my PC.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No question, just a comment, in earlier windows you had the capability of going back to a previous date when your computer was working the way you wanted, it was a fantastic program, I cannot imagine why Microsoft would take that away!!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The file that I sent you is the Microsoft Money backup file that I want to open, when I try to open it in Money to 'Restore' it, it asks for the password.
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is***** see this question is rather old, I do apologies in the delay in responding to you. do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

No but thank you for the offer, I have got around most of the problems that I had. Adrian **********