Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have a new laptop and would like to put my Microsoft

Customer Question

Hi. I have a new laptop and would like to put my Microsoft office package on there but I cannot remember when I bought it and don't have an activation code / key. do I have to buy again or can I transfer it - everyone seems to say yes but I have to pay a lot of money for their transfer system
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Office are you using?
Customer: Old one is HP laptop with windows 7. new one is laptop with windows 10. Package I have is Microsoft office 2010
Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: must have bought old one 5/6 years ago. don't know what to try - how do I find activation code - I should be registered with mocrosoft
Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks just can I transfer Office to the new laptop and how?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you still have the office disk with you?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have nothing - sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, you would need to purchase it again sorry as there is no other way for you to install it.

The best place to get it from is via my link below

www.microsoft.com/Download/Office‎

It is a direct purchase so best priced

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.