Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

In Outlook 2016 I am trying to keep as many emails in the

Customer Question

In Outlook 2016 I am trying to keep as many emails in the inbox. The email Talktalk account is Imap not in the exchange (I don't know why). At the moment emails disappear about a week and I don't where they go. I would like to keep as many emails in the inbox and also any replies retained in the outbox. (I've just set this up new computer new Outlook product)
Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Talktalk
Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Outlook 2016 on a laptop
Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: All sorts of things, I just can't work it out.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There may be some kind of issue with the Talktalk security certificate and windows, but this is a side issue for now.
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

If you log in to the TalkTalk account at https://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/ can you see the missing emails there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is not the question I asked. Thanks for your answer but it isn't very useful.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I understand your concern, however I need to know if the missing emails still exist in the TalkTalk account in order to help troubleshoot what is causing the problem.