Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Support Tech
Experience:  Years of supporting users of Microsoft software
13568747

I have just bought Office 365 but when I try to open a

Customer Question

I have just bought Office 365 but when I try to open a spreadsheet I have been sent I am told there is not enough space despite having 136 Gb free on my disc
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 days ago.

You may have a spreadsheet that was attached to an email, or that was sent you some other way, e.g. from a website, I would guess.

Now, those can sometimes produce this sort of error.

- Try closing the Excel program, thus closing all other spreadsheets.

Then, Scan the spreadsheet's file, with your anti-virus utility. (If you don't have one, let me know, and I will advise and instruct you further.)

Now, after that, open just that one spreadsheet file. Does the error still come up? if 'yes', then you can try restarting your computer, then immediately after restarted and logged in again, try opening it once more. After that, I would consider the spreadsheet file probably corrupted or infected, and not try further. (And especially if you have no anti-virus program of comprehensive scope and good name, this would be inadvisable.)

Let me know how it goes, and whether you have an anti-virus utility, and I will advise you further.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.