syseng
syseng, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer with over 18 years experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
13852270

Recently downloaded fre office onto my Galaxy tab. When i

Customer Question

Recently downloaded fre office onto my Galaxy tab. When i started using wordto edit a doc but started a new one I keep being told "Cannot upload you no onger have permission to edit this file"
Assistant: What application are you using?
Customer: Galaxy tablet 3
Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: have o idea
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Android device?
Customer: In what concept?
Assistant: The Android Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I think that cover what I want to correct
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  syseng replied 7 days ago.

My name is David.

The issue you describe sounds like the document you are editing is still locked by the program and has not yet been released. A quick way to resolve the issue would be to power down the tablet then power up again which will reload all apps. Then try opening the document again and it should open without errors.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
hi David no problem
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry Davids no you need to earn a crust but not on my watch i will see if I can resolve it another way can you also cancell my card thank you
Expert:  syseng replied 7 days ago.

So did the power down and power up resolve the issue?