jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

My problem is I have Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise and I

Customer Question

Hi Im Derek, my problem is I have Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise and I cant get it activated. I upgraded from Windows 8.1. PLEASE HELP
Assistant: What application are you using?
Customer: Don't know what you mean?
Assistant: The Microsoft Office Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Any there are.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No God Bless you
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please keep looking I can't personalise windows unless it's activated.
Derek
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No To Secure Remote. Just sort me out please that's why 8 paid £5
Derek
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Hi Derek, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So how did you upgrade, was this as part of a free Windows offer to upgrade did you buy the upgrade?

Secondly what is the exact error you get when trying to activate Win 10?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi James. I bought the laptop in Currys PC World with Windows 8.1.When the offer came out to upgrade to Windows 10 for free I did that on an update. Since then there have been a number of updates which is why I find myself in this mess.
Derek
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there a solution or am I wasting my time here???
Derek
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Hi Derek,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I am sure we can get this resolved for you if you have upgraded using a genuine Microsoft offer, however can you advise the exact message \ pop up your getting advising Windows has not been activated?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisations activation server. Make sure that you're connected to your organisations network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organisations support person. Error code: 0x8007232B
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Right, and your able to connect to the internet\surf the web ok?

If so we need to manually enter in the licence key, we can try and use the one for windows 8.1 which should be on the base of the machine or failing that get Microsoft to issue you one.

The error your encountering appears to be related with how your windows 8.1 production was originally licenced, this is fixable but unfortunately just not a quick fix.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Ive not heard from you in some time do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No Microsoft fixed my problem. Your service is absolute rubbish
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Im disappointed to hear that, what could we \ I have done better?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Solved my problem. I phoned Microsoft and the problem was resolved in less than an hour. It did not cost me squat...
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I see, so you just mean to say you didnt realise you could have got a similar service for free, I dont think that is anything we can do but will pass on the feedback.

Enjoy your weekend.