Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

In the last few days I had my PB laptop repaired. When

Hi, In the last few days I had my PB laptop repaired. When returned I could not access my local domain. Windows is now opening with an outlook.com email address. I cannot access this email address to try to revert back to my original domain logon. My outlook e mail address when I try to obtain a new password ***** offers me a telephone or text reply but the telephone number is ***** UK landline so will not accept text message and it does not phone my landline when I advise of my telephone number in order to receive a code to enable me to access my outlook.com account. Can you please help?
Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: I have access to another laptop and tablet as I have been trying for the last two days to see if I could 'get my head around' the problem my contacting Microsoft for codes etc. Eventually, of course, it comes to a halt as I have tried so many times.
Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: The phone number I have on file is not a mobile number. I had registered a landline number. Now, I do have a mobile number which I would like my account to have registered, so that I can, if necessary, receive code numbers via text etc.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not sure, I suppose it will depend on what happens next.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does your laptop have Windows 8 or 10, etc.?

Is it okay to reset the laptop fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help; we can schedule a time. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I is working on Windows 10 following a free upgrade last year. I did not want to reset it fresh that it why I am trying to resolve the issue. I could have reset it fresh myself.

Thank you. To confirm, you are currently not able to log in your laptop nor open any program in it.

- If you have not done yet, you can submit the account recovery form at the website below:

https://account.live.com/acsr

, enter the outlook account you need to recover and continue the instructions there.

- If that does not work, and/or another solution is to take out the hard drive from your problematic laptop, then connect it to another working computer via an external USB hard drive adapter / enclosure, then get your data files out, then you can reset it:

- Reset solution #1:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything", and "Just remove files.", and continue.

- Reset solution #2:

1. At the password ***** login screen, click on the Ease of Access icon at the bottom; it looks like a timer icon.
  2. Click on the On-Screen Keyboard option.
  3. Click on the Shift key option at the left of the On-Screen Keyboard on the computer's screen.
  4. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart.
  5. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  6. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  7. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything", and "Just remove files.", and continue.