KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Office Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

My screen came up with a message that my computer may have

my screen came up with a message that my computer may have been compromised (infected) this froze the computer. It also advised that I rang Tel No.(###) ###-####3444.. The guy on the other end eventually said that my license had expired, and to renew same it would cost me £190.05 for 3yr protection or £342.09 for lifetime cover is this a scam?
Assistant: What application are you using?
Customer: I was on Chrome
Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only if you think it may be a scam, most of your microsoft support nos. are 0800 nos.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

It is a Scam. Do not give them information or access to your computer. Just restart your computer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they did take control of computer

Please click the link below and run/open the downloaded program

https://www.fastsupport.com/104848722