Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have lost my email password for Hotmail after I bought a

I have lost my email password ***** Hotmail after I bought a new iPad which it was stored in I have answered the appropriate questions numerous times and still they have not given me a link into my emails and at present I have not been able to get into my email account for four weeks
Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: hotmail.com
Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi there and welcome

Do you still have access to the recover items you used for your account?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I cannot get into me I email account at all without a password ***** it is not set up on my iPad I have had to set up a new email address and therefore cannot get into anything that is registered to that email address need to put password ***** for Skype et cetera

Please let me know

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please explain what you mean I can use my iPad as normal and I can also try to recover my password ***** going to Microsoft but they do not come back to me as I cannot get the questions answered correctly

ok, so you did not use a phone number when creating the account for recovery?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
but it is an old phone number

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Hotmail being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Microsoft states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Microsoft has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Microsoft, their policies, or the situation itself.