Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

This morning an attempt was made to scam us this morning

This morning an attempt was made to scam us this morning when a caller purporting to be from BT Openreach telephoned with a plausible story because they had just repaired our phone line and we had problems with our Broadband. He persuaded me to open up the laptop and check which files were running. Some router files had stopped. However, I was very suspicious and said I wanted to finish the call - which made him a bit irate. BT confirm that he was not genuine. I now find that I am unable to change my microsoft password ***** does this mean that they have done some damage?
Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?
Customer: The only WiFi password ***** have is as on the router as provided by BT
Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?
Customer: All the time - every day
Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so.......

Hi there and welcome

Did you give him the password ***** your account?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
no I did not

Please give me your phone number to call you on

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
01491 681360

use this link to reset it please

https://account.live.com/password/reset