Kausik
Kausik,
104427573

On my Windows 10 computer I cannot now get Google or google

On my Windows 10 computer I cannot now get Google or google chrome.. If I click on Outlook or Word they work fine, but a click on the Google Chrome ikon simply leaves me with a screen with the uaual background picture but NOTHING ELSE!! My old XP computer gets me in to google OK - I used it for this - but how do I correct the problem on Windows 10. It worked perfectly until a couple of days ago.
Assistant: What application are you using?
Customer: I am over 80 years old and don't understand your question!!
Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Probably - but I have no idea which one(S) . I may have pressed somthing by mistake.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - except it must be a windows 10 problem as my old XP workd fine!

Hi this is Kaushik, I will assist you with the issue.

Is this the same computer with which you are facing the issue?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No. This my old XP computer as I could not contact you on my windows 10 one.

Do you have the Windows 10 computer with you now?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It is in a different room - but you could get in contact with it by sending me an email?

Let me know your email address so that I will send you the link and instructions to get the remote access of it and get the issue resolved.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I gave my email address when I first contacted microsoft! But it is***@******.***. I will go to the windows 10 computer and await you email instructions.

I have sent you the email now. Please follow the steps as per the mail.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have received 2 indentical emails from you but cannot get any response to the "View response" panel, no matter how much I "click"!!

You could have received an email as Steps to allow remote access

please follow the steps in that email.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have as yet received no such email, but I will go back to the W10 computer and see if another email has arrived

Okay please go ahead.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
2 more identical emails - but I get NO RESPONSE on clicking the red panel

Do you have team viewer application installed in the Windows 10 computer?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have no idea what "team viewer application" is - but I will go and search for it and come back to you again

Okay check and let me know if it is installed.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I asked "Cortana" and she said "no" - but offered to download it - at MY cost?

Please close all open windows in the windows 10 computer.

Open a new web browser and enter the url as

justanswer.screenconnect.com

It will prompt for a 6 digit code.

Let me know once you are done upto this. I will provide you the code.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
That's the problem! I CAN'T OPEN A NEW WEB BROWSER on my W10 computer!!!

You can use Microsoft Edge or Internet explorer.

Just click on start and type as Internet explorer. You will get the browser to use for now.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK. I will try that.

Sure take your time.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I've got in to "justanswer", but they offer no code - just ask for details of my debit/credit card! Where is the code?

Not justanswer.com

Enter the url as justanswer.screenconnect.com

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
That is exactely what I did - as you had asked me - but I will try again! If various options come up, which one do I select?

You wont get any option. You will get the screen as in the image.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I can find a "screenconnect.justanswer" but not the other way round. Should I try that?

Are both the computers desktop or is anyone atleast a laptop?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Both are desktop and in different rooms I'm afraid.

Do not worry. I will try with alternate options. Are you able to open Internet explorer / microsoft Edge in the windows 10 computer?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have used Microsift Edge on the last two tries, butdo not know if I can open Internet explorer - I will try and come back to you.

Okay Microsoft Edge is also good.

Please open the url as anydesk.com in the other computer now (using Edge browser is also fine)

There will be an option as Download now. Click on it to download the file.

Let me know once it is done.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
34;justanswer.screenconnect.com" has in Internet Explorer taken me in to a completely different set of URLs (?), one of which says it is "connectwise, formerly screenconnect"!! We seem to be getting nowhere and I have soon to leave for a doctor's appointment.

Connectwise is the correct one. You are in the right webpage. Is it asking for a code to JOIN?

If yes, enter the code as 20399 and click on JOIN.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will now try "anydesk.com" with Edge browser
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Am now in to "anydesk.com" and it invites me to download. Should I do so?

Okay let me know the status.

Yes download it. Once downloaded, it will show a code. Let me know the code.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry! I had already left Correctwise before your answer came. I can go back to that if "anydesk" is not right.

You are done in anydesk. so dont need to switch back. Please provide me the anydesk address. which will be a 9 digit code.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The code from Anydesk is 215 204 762

There is a prompt in your windows 10 computer now to accept from anydesk. Please accept it.

If my support was helpful, please rate my service with a 5-star. Your rating is important to me.

Scroll the screen up and you will see 5 stars, click 5 stars and click submit. That’s it.
If it's anything below 5 stars, please let me know so that I can help you in fixing the issues. Your 5-star rating is very important for us.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am here! Where do you want me to write

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The screen will not go up for me to see the stars!

In the browser, on the top of the webpage, you can see it. If not moving, just reload the same page again and it will work.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK I have found it at the top and clicked on 5. Many thanks,

Thank you for the rating.