Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Having this morning, with microsoft help, closed the

having this morning, with microsoft help, closed the microsoft account i opened last night and therefore now in 60 day waiting period for it to colose completely, does having to use my microsoft password ***** enter my laptop count as using my account?
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: windows
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no updates. just found i needed MS password ***** log in. i want to change it to a local account
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so. am not madly computer literate

I'm sorry about the issue. Yes. Does your computer Windows 10? Have you checked the account settings yet?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
not checked account settings . just worried that using password ***** using MS account and therefore means my account which i don't want stays open
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
no do not want to securely connect and pay. tech assistant said £5 was completely refundable. is this not the case?

OK. Yes, we always guarantee our service. That's correct. You should not use the Microsoft account that is associated with that email address / account that was closed for logging in your computer, so that the account won't stay open. Can you go to Settings > Accounts option and switch to Local account if available?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have noted how to change accounts but since i couldn't get into the laptop to do that without using MS password ***** did not have much choice. please don't say I will have to close it all over again even if i change to local account now because it was a painful two hours this morning with technical support

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen. Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Also, this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.
You would have to close it again, but it should be quick. I can help you remotely and quickly for you now.
Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
i received free tech support this morning so have i come to the wrong place?

You're at the right place. I can help you right now. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/y69u2m57
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
not sure i am happy this is ok. will my credit card be charged?

I'm the computer tech, and the support amount is what you've agreed to. I'll have our customer service check with you about the billing. In the mean time, I can fix your computer issue now for you; we guarantee our service, so don't worry.

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/y69u2m57
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
how safe are my credit card details?

It is safe, and we guarantee our service.

http://tinyurl.com/y69u2m57

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
sorry, no

Can you please switch to local account now? Then I will show you the next step for how to close your Microsoft account.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
ok will try to switch now. may not be very speedy

OK. Please take your time. IF needed, you can get back to me via the View response & reply link in my email message (from Viet) in your email account.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
what i had noted includes select Your email and accounts option but there isn't that option. i may have windows 8

Go to Settings, then do you see option Accounts? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

When you are in Settings > Accounts, do you see an email address (a Microsoft account) showing there? What are the options there? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
says i need to update some details for my MS account
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
which of course i had hoped was closed
7

Does it give you the option Disconnect or Switch to local account, etc. in Settings > Accounts?

IF needed, are you able to take a screenshot in Settings > Accounts, so I can check? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
when I clicked on the update bit said there was an issue signing in to this account!!!!! Implies I am still cancelled?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
plus no idea re screen shots. Sorry. Bit ignorant of loads of tech stuff
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Is it because i may have old windows?

Yes, you have an old Windows, and that's correct, that means you are not signed in that Microsoft account and it's still cancelled. Do you need anything else today? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you. We will leave it there. You have been very patient!

You're welcome. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience also.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Bye!

Bye for now. Thank you.