Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I went to Italy, tried to access my hotmail email via wi-fi.

I went to Italy, tried to access my hotmail email via wi-fi. Locked out. Home now. Tried to log onto my email got message to press icon to confirm it was me. Gave my mobile number***********and got access number from +44 7749 836883 which I used to try and get access to my email***@******.*** now it says account does not exist!
JA: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?
Customer: Which Wi-Fi (my home Wif-Fi working fine)
JA: The Network Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?
Customer: I was abroad, now home. For security Microsoft blocked my access as not coming from my usual Wi-Fi here at home where I am now.
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know what my password ***** that worked last week as written down.

Hi there and welcome

On which device are you trying to access your account on?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Currently on a Desktop computer using Windows 7

Click this link and sign in there

www.outlook.com

tell me please exactly what is says when you do

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I reluctantly agreed to £5 trial now £22 wanted no further forward and message on my mobile from JustAnswer.. Problem not with PC but because Micrsoft locked all access to my email

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Do you want me to click link outlook.com and sign in then?

Click this link and sign in there

www.outlook.com

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I entered password ***** worked last week but it came up in red "Enter a valid email address, phone number or Skype name."

Whats the email address you are entering in?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
It is # followed by a number a capital letter and 8 lower case. I cannot give my password *****
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
The email address is***@******.***

I did not ask for the password

Use this link to reset the password ***** the account

https://account.live.com/PW

Let me know exactly what happens

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Sorry yes misunderstood. Second reply gave email address***@******.***. Will try next link now.

ok

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I tried that link. It asked for an email address to send me an access code which I did but it said not an email it has on record so did not work. They have my mobile number so perhaps I should try that. If so can I just but in***********(one I am getting messages from JustAnswer?

Do you get the options via my link to use a cell phone number?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.

ok, then do it that way please

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Progress: I was able to enter my password ***** asked and it came up with (from copy and paste):***@******.***
We know you have been waiting
The change in security info you requested on 6/20/2019 will be completed on 7/20/2019. But don't worry, during the waiting period you can still sign in and use your Microsoft account normally.
If you didn't request this, let us know.
If you'd like to keep your current security info, you can cancel this request.

ok, so now sign in please buy putting outlook.com in the address bar

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I think problem may have been delay between me verifying yes it was me trying to access my email from Italy and them unblocking it. I panicked a bit thinking I had lost all my outlook.com email.

Ok, glad you are back in to your account and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
thanks Richard for your patience am 71 year old so not quick minded :-)

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.