Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Computer locked by a message saying Microsoft alert blocking

Computer locked by a message saying Microsoft alert blocking computer.. it gives a number which we found is an Indonesian number. Curser cannot be used .. can we use keyboard to unlock the system
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: Windows 8.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

I'm sorry about the issue. I will help you with this. That is a fake popup message. It is a scam, so please do not follow any instruction in it. Can you please press and hold the Power on / off button on your computer for about ten seconds, then turn it back on and check?

- Does that work? Is the cursor working now? What's the model of your Windows 8.1 computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
curser working. Computer is HP. Don't know model. Computer working now thank you.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,