Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I'm still using microsoft outlook from Office 2011 on a mac!

Hi - I'm still using microsoft outlook from Office 2011 on a mac ! But its all fine except I recently messed up my email app by deleting what I thought was a backup ... not so... had to reimport from an archive. But that caused an import of thousands of old emails and filled up my allocation. So I restored again using Time machine from a month ago. All working again but my mailbox is telling people I've exceeded my space.... Can you tell me how to clear my email allocation ? Is it an online task or can I do it from within my machine?
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 on a power mac mid 2012
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only since Saturday when I deleted the file I mentioned. I attempted to re import my identities from a back up but I'd lost my account set up and I tried again and imported twice ... only found them later... but they kept loading for ages which has clogged me up.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Since going back a couple of months version from Time machine it all works except for this overloaded mailbox that is preventing new emails arriving it seems, just this morning.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please tell me the part of the email address after the @ symbol?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
dsl.pipex.com
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, just instruct me

thank you

I see it is managed by TalkTalk, please sign in here

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/

And remove the emails there as this is where your storage issue is.

Let me know please how you go.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Am going through that now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK... this could take a while...

No problem at all, any issues please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK I'm going to go through Talk Talk. At least I know now where the problem lies. thanks.

You are most welcome!