hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Other
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of Microsoft Office problems
40928634

Many questions; may I speak to a real person please,

Customer Question

many questions; may I speak to a real person please
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: Windows
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I left my computer update itself automatically
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am in the complicated process of transferring all data from my wif'e's old IPad to her new one. Apple Tech Support want to transfer all her photos and her contacts onto my PC, kept separately from mine I hope, so that her IPad's old email address and account can be deleted. Then her data can be transferred back using her new email address. I gather I need Windows 8 or 10 on my PC with it fully up to date.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, which is a PAID Question and Answer support website.
I amCustomer an independent support technician based in South Africa, that uses JustAnswer to connect with customers.
Please note that I am only allowed to answer ONE question per session.
Please type in the box below, then click on the green "Send" button to send me your reply.

You will need her Apple ID and password.
If her iPad is backed up to her iCloud account then you can simply put the new iPad next the old one and use the Quickstart function to transfer her settings over and will download the files from the Cloud to her new iPad.
I just did this for a customer & it worked very well but you have to make sure that you have backed up her old iPad to her iCloud account.

Failing that then yes you can back up her old iPad to your computer using her Apple ID to separate her iPad from yours. In this case you will need to download iTunes to your PC and yes it needs to be Windows 8 or 10 for the easiest experience.
Please look at this Apple webpage for more information
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201269