Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I recently bought a new laptop Asus and the other day it

Hi there, I recently bought a new laptop Asus and the other day it made a noise, froze and shut down. Since then, it does that every time when I have a zoom meeting. It’s says that there is a problem
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Asus?
Customer: Microsoft
JA: What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not really
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing special, I’m mainly using my email and zoom

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

Ensure that you close all other applications that are running at the same time as you seems to have experienced an overload of memory where everything hung.

Next time, close all apps and only use Zoom when you want to join the meeting

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Ameen, thank you. All other apps are closed when I use zoom so I don’t think that’s the problem unfortunately.Also, my laptop is brand new and I don’t even have many apps on it.The other day we experienced power cuts and that’s when the laptop buzzed and froze for the first time. Since then it always shuts down when I open zoom. I’m wondering could it be damaged because of the power cut ?

Thank you for requesting secure remote assistance. To get connected, first follow this On your Computer - download the Free Version of TeamViewer quick support app from the link below.

Next, open the downloaded file and install it.

Once you have Teamviewer open it will display Your ID numbers with a password ***** it on the screen. Share that with me. Thanks

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/info/free-remote-access-software/

For Mac use this - https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac-os/

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ID: 1 560 699 927
Pass: 1e5a7qI think the problem might be the battery. Could that be damaged because of the power cut that happened ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The password *****
ID 1 560 699 927
Pass 881gch

Okay please wait

Connected