hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Expert
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of Microsoft Office problems
40928634

I have an outlook email account and keep getting a request

Customer Question

I have an outlook email account and keep getting a request to update it or it will be closed in 48 hours because it's not used (which it is and it's busy). It from email address ***@******.*** - is this spamYou are required to upgrade your account with 48 hours or your account will be closed.Kindly view attached upgrade file and follow the process to upgrade.Thanks,
Windows Outlook Team
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on my desktop computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None at present. I've declared it junk mail and normal emails are coming though via Thunderbird as normal
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, which is a PAID Question and Answer support website.
I amCustomer an independent support technician based in South Africa, that uses JustAnswer to connect with customers.
Please note that I am only allowed to answer ONE question per session.
Please type in the box below, then click on the green "Send" button to send me your reply.

Microsoft will NEVER contact you for things like so it is SPAM.
Please don't click on any links in any emails otherwise you will give the crooks access to your account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Thought so but ....

You are welcome this also applies to Banks etc.
It makes me so angry that there are people out there trying to break into your account and steal your information.
Also Microsoft will never call you on the phone either.

Please don't reply so that I can close this question
Keep safe