EXPERTDan
EXPERTDan, Microsoft Support
Experience:  IT Specialist
107237842

I have recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Book S 'laptop' and

Customer Question

Hi, I have recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Book S 'laptop' and have been trying unsuccessfully to connect it to an Epson printer. The only way I can connect is with a generic driver which gives very basic options. I use the laptop for work and print lots. I am unable to print in black and white at all. I have spoken to both Epson and Samsung and they are unable to help and the guys that service our printers are telling me that it is because the 'laptop' has a mobile ARM processor. Not really sure what to do now as £1000 was a lot to spend on a device which does not function in the way a much cheaper one would have. Can you help?
JA: How are you connecting to your Epson printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: I have tried both ways
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: when I try and add the printer I have tried to do an update but an error messages comes up
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so, thank you!
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  EXPERTDan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Dan, Welcome to justanswer. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
NOTE
Please feel free to ignore the automated offers for Additional Services. They are forms sent automatically by the website and not coming from my own will.
Let me know if you are ready to continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan, yes that's fine.
Expert:  EXPERTDan replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Lets start fixing your issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure it's fixable to be honest :-(
Expert:  EXPERTDan replied 1 year ago.

I will do all my best to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you still there? do you need anything from me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan, please could you reply to me, I need to know you are going to help me. Thank you
Expert:  EXPERTDan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm sorry for my late response.
Expert:  EXPERTDan replied 1 year ago.
It seems that you have issue with your printer driver or some apps installed in your computer blocked for using your printer software. I will offer you a remote desktop assistance to fix your issue remotely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please don't bother. I was expecting a response sooner. I am going to return the laptop. I'm not paying more money as I'm not confident with your service or company after leaving me waiting all day. Thank you anyway!
Expert:  EXPERTDan replied 1 year ago.
I hope you understand that we are in different time zone. But, Thank you for using justanswer. Have a good day.