Robert H
Robert H, Computer and IT support Engineer
Experience:  Computer and IT support Engineer
106466437

Is it posskble to find out if my company computer IP is

Customer Question

Is it posskble to find out if my company computer IP is trackable or not?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Robert H replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today! ūüėä

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.
---

I’m so sorry to hear about your issue. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. I understand you want to know if your IP is trackable. Your IP that comes into your house is public. From there - most people have a router which gives them a private IP. All public IPs are trackable and that is your digital footprint. You can learn more here:

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/difference-between-private-and-public-ip-addresses/

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Thank you,(Your friendly expert)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used my account on a compny computer to fill an online form.i would like to know if I can be tracked back to my company address by the IP address.
Hence I want to know if my computer IP is trackable, and if anyone can manage to track IP address to physical address using peivate investigator companies or something?
Expert:  Robert H replied 1 year ago.

I think it COULD - yes.

What software was the form?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was an online form, at nspcc website
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If for example I send you anything using that conputer would you be able to see if the IP address is trackable by any chance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way we can find out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing illegal is involved, but my safety is a concern here if my idendity is revealed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sas assured that by law I'm protected, but I'm worried that people with lots of money can get hole of the most vital information through backdoors and connections
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the details of the conputer, any way I can check?
Expert:  Robert H replied 1 year ago.

If it was an online form - then yes they potentially could see the public IP address from where the form was sent. Without knowing ALL the details - I emphasize POTENTIALLY