Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I was given a data stick with exported emails from outlook

I was given a data stick with exported emails from outlook on it. I've imported them into Outlook on my Mac, but the structure is murder - they are grouped into apparently random batches. I think I'd need to screen share to even start to explain it!
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I don't! I use Mac mail myself. But I'm on a desktop computer now with a 'view only' copy of Outlook.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. Even phrasing the question is difficult, as I don't really know how the exported file was generated.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original file was a .pst
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any news?

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

It seems that the export that was done was a straight copy and move of the emails rather than a straight export with the structure.

I suggest you to get the export in a PST file that way the structure is retained and then you can easily plug that file into outlook

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.