Robert H
Robert H, Computer and IT support Engineer
Experience:  Computer and IT support Engineer
106466437

I have a Microsoft Surface tablet with keyboard purchased in

I have a Microsoft Surface tablet with keyboard purchased in 2015 and running Windows 10. How do I attach an external disk drive? What make and which software should I download?
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: I have a Microsoft Surface tablet with keyboard puirchased in 2015 and running Windows 10. Hopw do I attach an external DVD/disk drive? What makeand which software should I download?
JA: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: The standard system pack does nor recognise via the USB port the drive a purchased (RoHS) and there is a bewildering array of possibly applicable software to download. Help!
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I contacted the drive supplier and was told that it does not work with tablets although it claims to be compatible with Windoes 10.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today! ūüėä

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.
---

To open files from an external device:

1. Insert a USB flash drive or other USB storage device into the USB port, or insert a microSD or SD card into the card slot on your Surface.
  2. Select the notification that appears in the lower-right corner of the screen.

Please check here for additional guidance and tutorials to assist you:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4036290/surface-storage-options

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Robert_IT
(Your friendly expert)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you require a phone number?

I see you've requested a premium service. I am unable to accept at this time, but the request is available to all experts. In the meantime, please try out the steps I have provided. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can read a USB flash drive but not an external DVD/disk drive. Why?

I understand. The remote assistance request you initiated will be available soon

Experience: Computer and IT support Engineer

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9e937980-a19f-460d-ba89-37ef47fbf504 please select this link and follow the on-screen prompts. Please then provide me your cell \ email in the private contact box beneath this chat. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am online and ready. Should I connect the external disk drive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email is***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No assistance received. Waste of £22!
Sorry why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will leave this Surface logged in to you so that you can access it.