Anikesh G
Anikesh G, Computer Expert
Experience:  SAP Customer Relationship Management Consultant at Wipro Technologies
108948392

I recently had to change my email address. I updated my

Customer Question

I recently had to change my email address. I updated my account but now it only recognises my old email address as my account login, so whenever I try to access it, it doesn't allow me in.
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: not that I'm aware of
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: yes, it keeps sending codes to my phone , but the old email address comes up as my account, which is wrong!
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it thank you
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I'm expert Ashu. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Are you trying to create a new Gmail account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I amended my email in my current account and now I cannot access it because it defaults to my iPhone of email address as my login, then gets confused as that email address is no longer registered to the account
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 1 year ago.

May I know who is your email service provider?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gmail - it was Talktalk previously. I do not wish to proceed if I’m going to be charged for this - £22.00 is daylight robbery
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 1 year ago.

You may ignore the automated pop-up message that you see on your screen. It is completely optional.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the current status of my enquiry? I haven’t heard anything for a while. Are you still dealing with it or has it been terminated because I will not pay?
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am here to help you out.

I am checking your issue and will get back to you soon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** a relief
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 1 year ago.

May I know your old email address and the new email address that you have created?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Old:***@******.***
New:***@******.***
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 1 year ago.

You are not able to login to your new Gmail account "*****@******.***", is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is correct.
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 1 year ago.

Google Account Recovery tool is the only way to recover your Google/Gmail/Youtube Account. Please follow the below link to recover your Account

Link - https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery