Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have Office Home and Student 2016 installed on my laptop.

I have Office Home and Student 2016 installed on my laptop. However I can't open any of my Word files now. I have carried out both the quick repair and online repair options. After the latter was completed the message read that it was now reinstalled, but this is not the case. Help please
JA: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?
Customer: Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
JA: What does your screen look like when you try to open the program?
Customer: When I click on the icon the whirly thing goes round for a couple of seconds, then stops, without opening the program
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

In that case, you need to run the Office Removal Tool to completely remove it from your PC - you can download it from this link here - https://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9815935

Next, restart your PC and then install Office

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the alternative?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try the above, thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Following your advise, I uninstalled Office but it looks like I can't re-install Office 16 - is that right?

Yes, you can install from the main setup install file you have

You're welcome, Pleasure assisting you.

--

Hope that helps you out today, Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you. Thank you

If needed, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Pleasure assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave up last night. On the reinstall page I followed 'sign in and install Office on your PC', chose Office 2016 but then didn't understand what to do next. Think I'm missing something here.

You need to just run the setup file and then Office will install on its own after that.

I can also help you remotely using screenshare

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All sorted now, finally. thanks

You're welcome

Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you. Thank you