Anikesh G
Anikesh G,
Experience:  SAP Customer Relationship Management Consultant at Wipro Technologies
108948392

Please advise me What does my Microsoft Account cover? I am

Customer Question

Please advise me What does my Microsoft Account cover ?
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: I am using my Windows 10 machine
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes all are kept up to date
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am totally confused as to what my password ***** when I update my account pasword
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I'm expert Ashu. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

As per my understanding, are you trying to recover your Microsoft account?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not correct. I would like to understand what my Microsoft Account password ***** please. Does it cover everything I use?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thanks

You may ignore the automated pop-up message that you see on your screen. It is completely optional.

The Microsoft account covers a variety of apps/software. Few common ones are as below:-

1. Outlook

2, Skype

3. Microsoft Edge

4. Bing

5. Xbox

6. Office

7. One Drive

8. Windows

9. Microsoft Store

10. Cortana

and many more.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I mean all the applications that have been made available to me from Microsoft over the past 20+ plus years
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I started out with hotmail.com in1996 when I was in Bahrain. Can I get a detailed list of all that it covers when I modify my account password

As per my understanding, you wish to know all the application that comes under Microsoft, Is that correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like to know all the items that are covered by the term referred to as Microsoft Account

Please click on the below link which has the information of all the apps/services that comes under Microsoft account:-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/microsoft-365/products-apps-services

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am looking for a conversation tor text contact hat helps me understand what is meant by the term my Microsoft Account

A Microsoft account is what you use to access many Microsoft devices and services. It’s the account that you use to sign in to Skype, Outlook.com, OneDrive, Windows Phone, and Xbox LIVE – and it means your files, photos, contacts and settings can follow you securely to any device.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does that mean that I have to fix several other passwords

No, All Microsoft apps/services have only 1 password ***** common.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The last change I made referred Outlook.com. does that mean whichever account I am on and choose to change my Account password ***** changes the password ***** everything?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. You can simply use one password ***** all of your accounts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I change the password ***** I am using my gmail account as a reference does that have a similar affect or are changes to gmail independent of my Microsoft Account

No, Gmail is entirely a different product, it won't have any effect on your Gmail account.

You can have a different password ***** your Gmail account.