Tech-Expert
Tech-Expert, Microsoft Expert
Experience:  Technical Support Engineer
104823085

I have not used Outlook for some time and have been asked to

I have not used Outlook for some time and have been asked to upgrade my Outlook 16 / Outlook 13 to the new version by updating my profile. I followed the step by step guide but am now getting a message to say Outlook can't log on, apparently the Exchange information service in the profile is missing some required info - I am way beyond my level of expertise now!
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?
Customer: It is a windows pc - is that what you mean (sorry, I am a bit of a luddite!)
JA: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update your software?
Customer: I have a Windows Office annual subscription which I renewed in March this year so I presume it is done then but I don't do anything myself. To be honest, it is a mess!
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so, thank you Pearl.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am happy to be assisting you today.
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Outlook. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
May I know whom I am chatting with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sumaya, my name is Rosemary

Hi, Rosemary. I understand that you are facing the issue with outlook. If that is correct, I will be glad to help you in fixing the issue.
Is this the same computer with which you are facing this issue?

I accepted your request to help you by remotely accessing your computer.

Please click on the link below and once you click on it, a new page will be opened. Scroll down the page and click on "I Agree" button. A file called "Elsinore.ScreenConnect " will be downloaded. Select RUN or OPEN if prompted. If not prompted then double click the Elsinore file in your downloads folder to run it.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=fe8104c3-9ae4-4c78-bfb4-ad3aa3560d31

I got the remote access of your computer now. Let me work on the issue.

The issue has been fixed via remote support. Thank you for using our service. Feel free to contact us for further assistance. Have a great day.