Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a 2 laptops, one windows 8, one on 10, and a desktop

I have a 2 laptops, one windows 8, one on 10, and a desktop on 10. Yesterday I was scammed by a person pretending to be from Amazon security. They took control of the 8 laptop, and when they finished I said are you handing control back to me. He quickly said yes, put the phone down, and left me with a black background on the screen. The laptop was on at the same time, and as soon as I started it the background was black. I turned on the 10 laptop today and the background was normal until I connected to the internret. Does this mean they have put malware or something like it on all 3 devices?
JA: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?
Customer: I have a usb with windows 10 but did not want to do that yet as I will lose all documents and photos. I am currently printing some documents I need. Will the documents and photos be corrupted, or can they be put onto a usd until windows 10 is reinstalled?
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is the windows 8 laptop recverable as I have no Windows 8 copy, and what will happen to the office accounts. I have Mcafee running and thought that would stop this.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using your Windows computer right now?
  2. Do you have antivirus software installed on all of your computers?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Mc Afee on all 3, am using the 10 laptop to talk to you, and have the 10 desktop on as I have been printing documents

Thank you for requesting for my additional service of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.

Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a07d0682-a648-482e-820f-31800394998e

Best regards,

Jess