Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

It all seems too complicated to me! I just want to purchase

It all seems too complicated to me! I just want to purchase a license for my computer. (Windows 10)
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: It's a old version of W10. It's always worked without a license. I reinstalled it and a lot of it doesn't work without activation now. i don't mind buying a license. I'm 70 years old live on my own.
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: Just tell me how I can purchase a license.
JA: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: I don't have any software installed apart from W10. Nothing else is installed yet. I just want to a license.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will probably use Microsoft Office later.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

To get this

Select the Start button.
Select Settings > Update & Security > Activation .
Select Go to Store.
This opens the Microsoft Store app where you can purchase a Windows 10 digital license.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to be a nuisance. I think i'm missing something. I'm at the store as requested but i cant see anything representing a license. please help. Stephen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find my license, please help me

Please click this link

https://join.zoho.eu/888962286

And open the file that downloads

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to be a nuisance but i don't have a secure connection, could I on this occasion have a non secure link. I'm gone seventy, I looked at way of making a secure connection - I had no idea, I just become more confused. Could I on this occasion have a non secure link. You'll be glad to see the back of me!
Please help.
Stephen

Please click this link

https://join.zoho.eu/888962286

And open the file that downloads

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard. I feel a nuisance, but I cannot open this link. I don't have secure connections, and I don't know how to do them. Could I have a non-secure connection of: https://join.zoho.eu/888962286 please.
Stephen

If you click the link, then download and open the file, that exactly happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't open the link. It just says the the link is not secure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, I think we got cut off. I've got myself in a right old mess. I am still without the activation code for W10. My internet is not secure, therefore I cannot open the files. Could you send the code me another way?

You had windows 7 installed, there was no issue with the activation code, I installed windows 10 which cuts me off when it installs.

Did it finish installing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only re-installed this morning. It's an old version, everything seem to work. I didn't have to do anything, everything worked. This time many important things are grayed out, with no activation. If I can't get any joy, I'll take W10 off and use W8.1. I'm not wasting any more money.

I installed windows 10 which cuts me off when it installs.

Did it finish installing?