Alex Royce
Alex Royce,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Prism
104779581

My question is not Microsoft Office-specific. It is a simply

Customer Question

My question is not Microsoft Office-specific. It is a simply issue of How to check if Windows 10, which I understood had been installed on my Desktop System, is in fact installed, or has otherwise 'disappeared'!
JA: What's the brand/model of your laptop?
Customer: Mongrel! -- specially constructed from various components, with solid-state drive
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only as advised by Microsoft tro update driver
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is all for now. Windows 10 used to come up naturally on booting up my computer; now only Windows 7 appears
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Alex Royce replied 5 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** it is a pleasure to be able to assist you here today. An operating system simply cannot dissapear but it can roll itself back if there's an error which may have happened here. To check what operating system you have do the following;

Find operating system info in Windows 10

1. Select the Start button > Settings > System > About . Open About settings.
  2. Under Device specifications > System type, see if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
  3. Under Windows specifications, check which edition and version of Windows your device is running.