VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

I have an older tablet with detachable keyboard. It has

Customer Question

I have an older tablet with detachable keyboard. It has windows 10 installed. I am unable to install the latest update as it has a very small hard-drive. It says I need to free up 8 GB to install the update.
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer?
Customer: ASUS T100HAN
JA: What have you tried so far with your computer?
Customer: I have transferred all my apps and storage to a micro SSD card.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Free up space for Windows 10 updates

Applies to: ***** *****

Windows 10 updates provide the latest features and security improvements to help keep your PC more current and more secure. Before the installation process starts, Windows checks to make sure there’s enough storage space on your device for the installation process and for these new features and security improvements.

If there isn’t enough open space on your internal drive, you’ll see a message (like the one below) that tells you Windows requires more space.

Windows needs space to update

We can't install the latest Windows 10 features and security improvements on your PC due to low disk space.

Get more space with external storage

You can temporarily gain extra space by using an external storage device like a USB drive, an SD card, or an external hard drive.

Here’s what you’ll need:

• An external storage device with 10GB or more of free space, depending on how much additional space you need.
  • An internet connection.

Here's how to do it:

1. Select Start > Settings > Update & Security .
  2. From the Windows update page, select Fix issues. This launches the Windows update tool that lets you update your PC using an external storage device.
  3. Before you use an external storage device for updating, make sure you back up any important files.
  4. Connect your external storage device and select it from the drop-down menu.
  5. Select Next and follow the instructions to finish installing the update.
  6. Once the installation is complete, you can safely remove your external storage device.

Even after selecting external storage, if you don't have enough free space on your internal drive, you might be prompted to free up more space.

If you don't want to use external storage, select I don't want to use external storage.

Free up space on your device

Here’s how to get more storage space on your device’s internal hard drive:

1. Open your Recycle Bin and remove deleted files.
  2. Open your Downloads and delete any files you don’t need.
    • Note: if you don't know how to find your Recycle Bin or your Downloads, search for them in the search box on your taskbar.
  3. If you still need more space, Open your Storage Use.
  4. This will open Settings > System > Storage.
  5. Select Temporary Files and delete any files you don’t need.
  6. Return to Windows needs space to update.
  7. Select Refresh.
  8. If you still see Windows needs space to update, repeat the process or consider deleting unneeded files from other folders. Alternatively, consider moving some files to external storage if you haven't already.
  9. When finished, select Start > Power > Restart.

For Better understanding here's the link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4013876/windows-10-free-up-space-to-install-latest-feature-update

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
does not have a fix issues question