Tech Raksh
Tech Raksh, Microsoft
Experience:  Customer support Engineer
105058687

My Outlook program has stopped working. When I try to open

Hi,My Outlook program has stopped working. When I try to open it I see the message: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. the set of folders cannot be opened. the information store cannot be opened. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Office - the other programs work but Outlook doesn't. It also won't open in safe mode.
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: I'm using my PC connected via my home internet. My web browser is working fine.
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: I don't think so - I'm relying on Windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: when i first connected to Outlook (which I was able to first thing) one of the email addresses in my profile was not working. I have deleted that one. It made no difference.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent paid Question & Answer web portal. My name is***** am happy to be assisting you today.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble opening your Outlook. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Is this the same computer with which you are facing the issue?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am not happy to have anyone remotely connect to my device for security reasons

Please ignore the pop up. The remote assistance is optional. If you are not interested with the remote assistance let me help you to fix the issue through this chat window without any additional charges.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
please. I've run out of ideas as I'm not an expert.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have reloaded the new Outlook 365 suite and I am able to open Outlook on that. would the simplest thing be to load all my old email addresses and passwords onto that?

Please click on the link below and scroll down and click on create a new profile and follow the steps to create as new profile in outlook to fix the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/overview-of-outlook-e-mail-profiles-9073a8ac-c3d6-421d-b5b9-fcedff7642fc

However, you can also try to add the Email address to your new Outlook which you have installed.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have done all that. Now happily I can look at my emails again. Thank you so much!