Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Being prompted to enter Bitlocker recovery key: I have the

Being prompted to enter Bitlocker recovery key: I have the key but unable to type in the key
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: The prompt window appeared after an update restart
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, my name is*****’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your system. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Just to clarify, are you not able to use your keyboard to type in the key at the Bitlocker screen? Is this a laptop or a desktop pc?

Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
Correct - not able to use keyboard to type in the key at the Bitlocker screen. The laptop is an Microsoft surface go

OK. Please do this now:

Disconnect the power charger from the laptop, and remove the battery as well (if removable.)

Next, press and HOLD down the Power button for a full 60 seconds and then release.

Next, re-connect and power charger and press the Power button once again to restart.

Once it boots up, check if you are able to get past that bitlocker screen this time.

Keep me posted; thank you.

Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
Can not see how you can connect to my device as cannot get pass the prompt screen?

Please ignore any offers shown on this page; they are not sent by me.

Please do this now:

Keep me posted; thank you.

Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
Also, can not remove the battery form device

That's fine; you can just unplug the power charger, HOLD down the Power button for a full minute, and then replug the charger and check again.

Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
Rebooted and everything is working fine

OK, that's great! Thank you,