SaloniM
SaloniM,
Experience:  Expert
110384226

I keep getting a message to log on to onedrive to

Customer Question

I keep getting a message to log on to onedrive to sychronise, but have forgotten my password, and I have changed my phone no, so the I cannot get a text to my mobile phone. Can this be done by e-mail, or can I change the phone no??? very frustrated!!
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: I have not had that phone number for quite a few years!
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: I have not the faintest idea whast you mean!
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What smartphone technician?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  SaloniM replied 6 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You can reset your Microsoft account password ***** following these steps.

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account dashboard using your email address, phone number, or Skype ID and your existing password.

2. Select Security from the navigation across the top of the Account home page.

3. On the Security basics page, select Change my password.

4. If you have security info on your account, you'll see the Verify your identity form with a partial view of the phone number or email address you chose for account verification. Select the one where you want to receive your code and enter the requested verification information. When you're done, select Send code.

5. Enter the code you received and select Verify.

6. On the Change your password ***** enter your existing password ***** then add your new password. When you're finished, select Save.

If you don’t have the necessary security information and can’t receive a verification code, you may need to use a different verification option, see Recover your Microsoft Account.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
where do I find Microsoft account dashboard?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
NO!
Expert:  SaloniM replied 6 days ago.

Please use the link below to reset the password

Link - https://account.live.com/password/reset

Hope this helps.