SaloniM
SaloniM,
Experience:  Expert
110384226

I need to install Microsoft 365 in our organisation. We are

Customer Question

Hi - I need to install Microsoft 365 in our organisation. We are only 5 users with no onsite server (NAS only). Can i install both onsite and cloud 365 with synchronized without having to delve into the world of Azure Active Directory?
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: ** synchronized passwords - apologies
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No - we are still working on desktop versions of Office 2013
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: 365
JA: What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: Nothing - I wan tto make sure I approach the install correctly before changing the current set up
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  SaloniM replied 14 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

May I know with whom I have the pleasure of speaking with?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Andrea
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No thanks to remote assistant - I'm working from home
Expert:  SaloniM replied 14 days ago.

You may ignore the automated pop-up message that you see on your screen. It is completely optional.

Expert:  SaloniM replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
As I've said, I'm working from home so not using the PC which needs updated - I'm looking for advice on how best to approach the install given our hardware setup
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Saloni - are you able to advise?
Expert:  SaloniM replied 14 days ago.

You can configure both onsite and cloud 365 but you need to purchase a license from Microsoft.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I know - this has been approved but, before rolling the install out I'm looking for some advice. I don't need to think about Azure AD then? Even with no server I can install both desktop and cloud versions for 5 users effectively? Also, would you recommend removing Office 2013 before installing 365 (obvious question possibly ..)?
Expert:  SaloniM replied 14 days ago.

Yes, you can install both without worrying about servers. Microsoft 365 is a SAAS service of Microsoft. All the backend servers will be taken care by Microsoft itself. You can remove office 2013 if you want as you have office 365 which is the latest and most updated version of Microsoft.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for your help. I may be back ..
Expert:  SaloniM replied 14 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** nice day.