Anikesh G
Anikesh G,
Experience:  SAP Customer Relationship Management Consultant at Wipro Technologies
108948392

I have had to reset my laptop so am trying to sync my

I have had to reset my laptop so am trying to sync my hotmail.co.uk email which is the main account I use. Unfortunately this is the email address you want to send a code to so I am really stuck. I have updated the security which will take 30 days - is there anyway I can access my account in the meantime as it is fairly urgent?
JA: Are you logged into your Hotmail account on any other devices?
Customer: no - I am not techy at all. I had my landline listed for text messages and they can't send a code there so I have now updated that to my mobile.
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: I don't know about questions but my landline number is ***** file
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will be truly grateful if they can help! :)

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I'm expert Ashu. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

May I know with whom I have the pleasure of speaking with?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
my name is Ruth

May I please know what exact issue are you currently having?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I need to sync my hotmail.co.uk account - I had to reset my laptop and have access to my outlook account but I use the hotmail one. I have tried to follow online instructions and Microsoft want to send a code but the email address listed is the hotmail one, it won't allow me to use the Outlook one, and you can't send a code to a landline. I have updated the security to include my mobile now but this will take 30 days to activate and I need to access emails in the meantime.

In case if you do not have the recovery phone number with you. Please try reaching out to your telecom service provider. They will be able to reissue you the same phone number, which can be used to reset your password.

Also, please try calling on your old phone number. In case if it is with someone else now, you can request the current user to share the code with you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
the recovery number is ***** landline and I still have the same number - Microsoft won't send the code to a landline which is why I am stuck.

Thank you for accepting the remote assistance.

Your question is now open to all the experts, someone soon will join you and will fix this issue remotely for you

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
how long will this be as I have to go out shortly? the problem really is that you can't currently send me a code - you have my landline as a security cue, I can't remember if I answered any questions when everything was set up originally. I do now have a mobile number and you can use the outlook email address to send the code. I don't think that anyone will be able to fix this remotely as this is the problem and your person will still need a code to sort it?

Please note:- We are from Just Answer which is a paid question answer website.

We don't send any code, are you looking for a Microsoft support?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I googled and thought this was something to do with Microsoft? yes I need their help to sort this?

Please call on the below Microsoft customer support number of Microsoft:-

+44(0)344(###) ###-####/strong>

They will be able to assist you with this.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you. ***** won't need the remote assistant now will that be refunded

First, I would suggest you to check with Microsoft customer support team, If they won't be able to fix this then you might need our remote support.

Please check with them and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 hour ago.
I no longer need the remote assistance as the problem was via Microsoft and has now been resolved. Please advise how I get the cost refunded. thank you

I suggest you connect with our billing team to know more about your charges and fee.

Link to connect with the support team - http://www.justanswer.com/help