VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

How can I create a Query (and dashboard) in Azure DevOps

Customer Question

How can I create a Query (and dashboard) in Azure DevOps that filters bugs to a specific test phase / sub folder within the test plan?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 21 days ago.

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

To learn more, see Set query permissions.

1. Open a shared query. For example, from the web portal, open the Active Bugs or similar flat list query. ...
  2. Edit the query to find closed bugs and then run the query. Use to insert a clause above the current clause. ...
  3. Save the query to your My Queries folder.

Create managed queries with the Query Editor - Azure Boards ...

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
hi VanHilton, in answer to my question, the link you have provided just seems to be a generic guidance on creating queries. What specifically do I need to do to solve my problem?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Please provide the step by step instructions
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Sorry, but again your response just seems to be a generic list of instructions. Please can you just write the specific steps I need to solve MY problem? I don't need pages and pages of generic screenshots. As per my example detailed on the Word document I attached: What clause(s) should be entered in a Query to filter to only SYSTEM TEST under TRAINING MANUAL TEST PLAN?
I ONLY WANT TO SEE THE 5 BUGS, NOT THE 18 BUGS FOR THE ENTIRE PROJECT.
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 20 days ago.

If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi, do you have any update? My issue still remains unresolved.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
VanHilton, I'm not sure if you're reading my responses. I repeat again, the information you are providing is all generic, very long and difficult to understand. It just seems to be taken from a guide but is not customized to my enquiry. I just want a simple customized solution to my issue which I have previously articulated a few times. I understand how to create a query but don't know what clause(s) to enter to solve my problem. If you are unable to assist then maybe it's best I am deferred to another Microsoft Specialist on the team who can help me.
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  VanHilton M replied 15 days ago.

Which Version Of OS/Windows install to your computer 10, 8, 7?

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Windows 10

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is the remote access at no extra cost to me?

I'm a site user like you, so I don't have access to your account details or charges, but customer service would be glad to help you with that.

You can direct the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page.
Here's the link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The link is just an FAQ list. I've tried calling customer services for clarification but they are closed.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok, I've spoken to customer services and they've confirmed there is no extra charge for me for the remote connect. Please advise how now to continue

To be fair to you, I will opt out of this question which will open the question up to
all the experts who will see it and then be able to reply to you.
Another expert may have more experience with your particular problem than I do.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok, can you advise approximately when the response will be?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can you advise approximately when the response will be?
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 15 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Alina-Moderator
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please give me an idea how long it will take to find a suitable specialist
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Please continue your search but can you give an indication when a specialist can be found?
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 11 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please close the question and cancel my order