Tauseef Z
Tauseef Z, Tech Expert
Experience:  Expert
109092715

Microsoft Outlook on Mac is trying to update. It asks me for

Customer Question

Microsoft Outlook on Mac is trying to update. It asks me for my password. I thought I was putting in my correct password ***** it keeps being rejected. What to do next?
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?
Customer: MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
JA: When did you last update your Outlook?
Customer: I do it whenever the auto update appears. That is what I am trying to do right now, today.
JA: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that is all. Many thanks.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Tauseef Z replied 15 days ago.

Hi there, Welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Tauseef, Technology Expert with JustAnswer and I am a Computer Science graduate, I have over 15 years of experience in this field and have helped hundreds of customers. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Microsoft Outlook. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. May I know who I am chatting with?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Chatting to Ray in Australia.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No thank you. this is just a question about why my outlook password ***** suddenly stopped working. All I want to know is how to change my microsoft password.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am currently not receiving emails due to this problem which only arose today.
Expert:  Tauseef Z replied 15 days ago.

Please wait working on this.

Expert:  Tauseef Z replied 15 days ago.

Please share your email address with me, also would you consider me remotely connecting with your machine to resolve this?

Expert:  Tauseef Z replied 15 days ago.

you there?

Expert:  Tauseef Z replied 15 days ago.

Without the information, I requested I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps

Please visit this link to recover your account.

Follow the steps below from official Microsoft guidance. Microsoft will give you various options to unlock your account, if you forgot something there will be other options via which to unlock.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you. I have solved the problem myself. Appreciate your assistance. I couldnt reply to your emails because that was the point of my problem: I could not access my Outlook emails. So there was no point sending it to me. As i say, I've now solved it myself, No need for further contact..
Expert:  Tauseef Z replied 15 days ago.

I am glad it worked out. Thank you for using Just Answer