Rei Guimmayen
Rei Guimmayen, IT Supervisor
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional
106499931

I have received three messages purporting having come from

I have received three messages purporting having come from microsoft. The first was a service agreement (19 th April) which I couldn’t see anyway of accepting, the second dated 28th April regarding a microsoft mailbox update and thirdly today from***@******.***. Please explain what i have to od. Thanks alan Rowe.
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: I am quoting hotmail messaging. Any good?
JA: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Desk top computer via browse.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Hi Pearl. None. Any advice?
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If these messages could be confirmed as valid and not a scam i would be grateful. I still need an answer to accepting Terms of Use I would be grateful.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, an independent Question and Answer site. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

How to identify real Microsoft emails

An email from Microsoft will:

• Come from microsoft.com. Scammers can easily fake the “friendly name,” but it’s more difficult to fake the full name. A sender like “Microsoft Team (*****@******.***)" is not a message from Microsoft . But sophisticated scammers can sometimes fake the full name, so look for other clues.
  • Address you by your first and last names, or your business name.

An email from Microsoft won't:

• Ask you for sensitive information like your password, bank account, or credit card.
  • Contain any attachments or ask you to download or install any software.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Rei. Good to hear from you. So to confirm the three messages including the Service Agreement headed solely “Microsoft” in the from box can be ignored. Alan.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello Rei.....please can you confirm receipt of last message and the fact I ignore all. Cheers. Alan.

As long as you were not asked to enter any credentials related to your account

You can also check the link of the button, you should be redirected on Microsoft website.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Many thanks Rei. Much appreciated your support. Akan Rowe.

You are welcome. Thank you for using Just Answer.